Tame-Power: manufacturer of DCDC converters for on-road applications
Power conversion solutions for on-road low carbon mobility
Towards a decarbonized land mobility...
The market for electric mobility on land is booming: new electric or hybrid modes of transport that are more respectful of the environment are emerging. The market share of electric vehicles is increasing and they are becoming an alternative mode of transport to thermal vehicles. Between 2018 and 2021, the number of electric cars on the world's roads has tripled.
The land-based e-mobility market can be broken down into different sub-markets which are:
- Electric vehicles: battery-powered vehicles or battery-hydrogen hybrid vehicles
- Charging stations and terminals
- Automated guided electric vehicles
The development of new modes of transportation and the desire to move towards greener mobility have led Tame-Power to address the land-based electric mobility market through various on-road applications:
- Buses, trucks, cars, vans, heavy duty vehicles...
- Cleaning vehicles: sweepers, groomers, tunnel washers...
- Military vehicles: tanks, armored vehicles, self-propelled radio-controlled tracked vehicles...
- Exceptional convoy vehicles: wind turbine antenna vehicles, rail carts for forging parts, aircraft and rocket transporters...
- On-board units:mobile offices, site liaison vehicles, mobile medical practices, road-show vehicles...
Tame-Power's expertise in the automotive market for on-road applications
High voltage DC DC converters
Tame-Power DC DC converters allow the transfer of 1kW to several megawatts over voltage ranges from 35V to 950V input or output.
DC-DC converters are capable of coupling different energy sources in hybrid architectures integrating: fuel cells, batteries, supercapacitors, rectifiers, drivetrains, resistors, etc. Tame-Power products integrate all the control modes for optimal operation. Tame-Power DC converters are capable of :
- Operate over a range of use from 35V to 950V
- Generate an output power of 1kW to 120kW per module
- Integrate stationary or embedded applications
- Transfer energy in buck or boost mode (reversible DC-DC converters)
- Integrate numerous input or output regulation modes: current, voltage and power
- Integrate a specific mode for battery charging
- Combine several DC-DC conversion modules to increase the total distributed power
For specific requests, Tame-Power offers to adjust its references in order to provide you with DC-DC converters that :
- Meet your specific needs based on catalog products,
- Allow you to optimize your planning constraints at controlled costs.
Customized DC DC converters
Tame-Power supports its customers in the development of custom converters throughout the product life cycle: from the definition of the electrical architecture to the support of the product integration. Tame-Power offers to design and produce specific DC-DC converters from 1kW to several megawatts and from 35V to 950V.
Tame-Power DCDC converters can be combined in parallel to increase the total power transferred. Thus, Tame-Power proposes to combine up to ten converter modules.
Tame-Power use cases in the automotive market for on-road applications
DC DC converters for Symbio (Renault)
The company Symbio has chosen Tame-Power to develop a specific DCDC module for its hydrogen range extender. This DCDC module is attached to the fuel cell and shares its cooling circuit. It meets very specific integration constraints and was the subject of a co-design project between the two companies' engineering teams.
The Symbio range extender installed on the KANGOO ZE-H2 provides an additional 150 km of range, and several hundred vehicles of this type are already on the road today.